Ace it! Algebra I is designed for all students who will benefit from algebra instruction, including those challenged by algebra content, and those who are in need of an algebra review. Ace it! Algebra I uses the STAR Math Assessment to determine student placement and effectively measure student growth.
Ace it! Algebra uses evidence-based instructional strategies to address the diverse needs of students within the small-group class. Instruction includes
- A variety of mathematics manipulatives.
- Reinforcement of basic math fact knowledge.
- Application of skills learned through word problems.
- Problem solving, data collection, and activities that incorporate effective questioning techniques.
Ace it! Algebra I lesson content includes the following units of study:
- Connections to Algebra
- Solving Linear Equations and Inequalities in One Variable
- Linear Functions: Writing and Graphing
- Polynomials and Factoring
- Quadratic and Exponential Functions
- Radical Expressions and Equations