Sylvan uses a proven mix of small-group instruction, independent learning, online resources and SAT practice tests to help students prepare for the SAT. This comprehensive approach ensures that students not only learn strategies for tackling every type of exam question, including the essay portion of the SAT. In addition, tutors help each student focus on the specific skill areas they need to improve.
The SAT program includes:
- Small-group instruction on the skills and strategies needed for high scores
- Expert SAT tutors
- Personalized homework to improve the skills that need the most help
The in-class component of SAT prep includes small-group instruction that focuses on the skills and strategies that are needed to improve scores. Expert SAT tutors know the college entrance exams inside and out, and know how to deliver this instruction. Students also receive personalized homework that is designed to improve the skills that need the most help.
In addition, students have access to Sylvan Prep Online that includes:
- Thousands of detailed video lessons on how to approach SAT test problems
- Subject-specific video lessons to help improve areas of need
- An interactive vocabulary builder with hundreds of common SAT test words
- Full-length timed practice tests to prepare for the pace and format of the SAT and build confidence for test day